[Wine] Mailing list <-> forum gateway

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 16:51:01 CST 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 2:21 AM, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI
>  <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:
>  >  Mailing list now getting clogged up with beginners questions.
>  >
>  >  For me that's it, I'm leaving, and you'll have to find new maintainers for the
>  >  apps I maintained.
>
>  Hmm.  That's two people who are upset by the
>  increase in newbie questions.
>
>  I'm starting to think that perhaps we do need
>  to map the existing forum to a wine-users-newbies list.
>  I think that amount of segmentation might in fact
>  be useful.
>  - Dan

What am I missing here? I have received maybe 10 messages (just a
guess. Maybe more.) in the last couple of days. It doesn't seem (to me
anyway) that this is enough to cause anyone heartburn but clearly
Renaud is upset by this. I receive something in the range of 250-300
messages a day so I hardly see the increase but there have been a few
more.

Am I not receiving all the messages?

Anyway, I wouldn't want app maintainers quiting over something like
this, nor would I prefer to have newbies be without the help of
maintainers also. Instead of changing the users list maybe there needs
to be some sort of maintainers list for folks like Ranaud?

I'm perfectly happy with whatever you do but if there are two lists
let me know how to get signed up for whatever the new one is.

Cheers,
Mark