[Wine] CDROM detect failed

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 09:16:38 CST 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 7:10 AM, Dan Kegel <dank06 at kegel.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 7:04 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >    I didn't say anything because after 3 1/2 years since I entered the
>  >  bug report I had simply forgotten.
>
>  No worries, I do things like that all the time.
>

>  >    This specific game used to fail completely. Now it works since at
>  >  least 0.9.30. That's a big improvement. However as a user type I hope
>  >  you can see where not hearing anything in 3 1/2 years other than two
>  >  people asking 'Is this still a problem with the newest version of
>  >  Wine?' would be a little frustrating and eventually I'd simply forget
>  >  what I put in the system.
>
>  True, users who are not developers will find it frustrating.
>  It's a lot of work.
>
>  By the way, we now frown on pasting in long logs in bugzilla,
>  next time please attach them instead.  We should change
>  bugzilla to give people more help there.
>  - Dan

I tried to actually. When I copied the backtrace data from the
terminal into a vi file it became unreadable by inserting more and
more tab characters on each line. Line 1 got 1 tab, line 2 got 2 tabs,
etc. After a few lines it was all wrapped around and completely
useless.

I've seen this before on a number of my Linux systems. I've never
tried to figure out what causes it but if you know a solution I could

Cheers,
Mark