[Wine] CDROM detect failed

Darragh Bailey felix at compsoc.nuigalway.ie
Wed Mar 5 09:57:35 CST 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 07:16:38AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> I tried to actually. When I copied the backtrace data from the
> terminal into a vi file it became unreadable by inserting more and
> more tab characters on each line. Line 1 got 1 tab, line 2 got 2 tabs,
> etc. After a few lines it was all wrapped around and completely
> useless.
>
> I've seen this before on a number of my Linux systems. I've never
> tried to figure out what causes it but if you know a solution I could
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

Depends on what version of vi/vim you use, but it is usually caused by
autoindent trying to be "too smart".

Working around it is pretty simple,
type the following in command mode
:set paste
switch to insert mode and paste
switch back to command mode and type
:set nopaste

See http://vim.sourceforge.net/tips/tip.php?tip_id=330

--
Darragh

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."