[Wine] Re: Unable to access registry

Untol wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 5 13:22:57 CST 2008

i installed win using sudo apt-get install wine.

I have made some progress after about 4 hours of wrestling with it. I'd say im to the point right now where i just dont think it will run, without some pretty knowledgeable help. After manually finishing most of the install bc it fails to complete past the reboot stage, i got it to load up(after modifying the registry to match what i currently run on windows, with obvious changes for paths), prompt for username/password, and it loads into its default "home" page. However gecko fails to display that, and 75% of all the menu tasks cause it to crash.  I tried out crossover and couldn't even get it to get that far so i guess that is a bonus.

The software uses .net, is it possible to...either isntall that or install something that would imitate it? Im thinking thats at the root of alot of the problems im having.

@austin

I do typically cd to the directory to call it, they both work the same way. I am getting quite a bit of information spit out at me now that it actually loads, lots of fixme:ras errors , and things of that nature.