[Wine] Macromedia Contribute in Wine

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Thu Mar 6 14:23:18 CST 2008

On Thursday March 6 2008 19:53:07 Christopher Harte wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am trying to get Contribute 2 to work in Wine.  It installed ok (with
> an error message box at the end but still runs) but it seems to need
> internet explorer to run properly - the main window remains blank when
> trying to view html but works fine when it is in editing mode.
>
> I have ies4linux, can someone tell me the best way to run/install
> Contribute so it knows where to look to find it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris

	First of all try this:

mv ~/.wine{,.backup}
wineprefixcreate

	Then install your application as usually; for example:

wine setup.exe

	Then cd to its installation directory and run it. After that run this:

wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks
sh winetricks fakeie6 gecko

	Does this work for you?

	If not please report a bug at http://bugs.winehq.org.

	After reporting a bug you may want try ies4linux prefix; just run this
(please note that use of ies4linux is unsupported because ies4linux use too
many native overrides; and even if its helps, you should report a bug anyway
if it wasn't reported in the past already):

export WINEPREFIX=~/.ies4linux/ie6

	Then install your application as usually; for example:

wine setup.exe

	Then cd to its installation directory and run it.

	Please note that after exporting WINEPREFIX=~/.ies4linux/ie6 you need to run
above commands in the shell with this environment variable otherwise default
~/.wine will be used instead.
	Alternatively, you can just append WINEPREFIX=~/.ies4linux/ie6 at the
beginning of each command instead of exporting it.