[Wine] Wine 0.9.56 Photoshop CS activation

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Mar 7 06:30:45 CST 2008

stephan <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>  I have "Photoshop CS Update" and I had to install Photoshop
> 6 before, beacause remounting and detecting the PS6-CD
> during the installation of CS to validate my PS6-CD was not possible.

I believe "wine eject" will work.  We should add a way to do that from
the menu...

>  > wget http://kegel.com/wine/winetricks
>  > sh winetricks vcrun6 corefonts
>
>  I did not try this yet, but I will after work. Thanks for that hint.
>  What is "winetricks"; VB-runtimes?

winetricks is a trivial script that knows how to get just
many Microsoft redistributable libraries and fonts.
It gets them straight from Microsoft, so it's safer than grabbing
them from some random site.  It also has a handy
but ugly GUI; run it without arguments to see that.
- Dan