[Wine] What constitutes a good backtrace?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 19:24:21 CST 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Charity Abbott <angeliqer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/7/08, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>  > On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  >    If building from WineHQ.org's tarball is more likely to make the
>  >  >  developers happy then I'll give that a try. Please let me know if
>  >  >  that's the best way to go.
>  >
>  >
>  > Probably.  If my resident gentoo guru were here, I
>  >  might have better info for you.
>  >
>  >  You don't even need to install it!  Just do
>  >   ./configure
>  >   make depend
>  >   make
>  >  and then you can use it from that directory, e.g.
>  >   ./wine notepad
>  >
>  >

>  Did you try this? http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml

Yes thanks. That's what I was working from to get this far.

For Dan - one other issue came up so I thought I'd bring it here
before I did the new Wine build. Please keep in mind that this machine
is a Gentoo 64-bit machine and Wine, compiled as a 32-bit app, is
running over the top some 32-bit emulation libraries. Those libraries,
as compiled, aren't going to provide any backtrace data. Will this
make any difference or is all we are concerned with is how Wine is
working internally?

Thanks,
Mark