[Wine] Re: dot matrix POS parallel printer problems

fluis wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 8 13:16:36 CST 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:

> What do you mean "large printer buffers"?   Is this something physically
> on the printer?  i.e. do some printers work because they have large buffers?
> Which ones?

Is the hardware buffer in the printer, a larger buffer than the job may not show problems.
In a POS printing a invoice is a small job 1K-2K, a older printer with a small buffer (Star SP200 1K buffer)
 will see problems a newer printer with a large buffer (epson TM-U220 4K)
 seems to work must of the time, so to test I disable the hardware buffer,
i tried do change the bios settings (normal, epp etc) and the parport options (irq=none, dma=none etc) to no avail,
and the problem shows even in a vmware guest.

Dan Kegel wrote:

> That version of Wine is very old.  Can you try again with recent wine
> (latest is wine-0.9.57) just to be sure?

Yes, I will try.

Luis Forra
---