[Wine] Re: wine don't handle hard coded resolutions & refresh rates

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 8 15:48:50 CST 2008

Jim wrote:
> As I understand it, Wine uses the xrandr extension to change resolutions.

Or XVidMode if xrandr is disabled via registry. Or virtual desktop mode.

Jim wrote:
> In the end (I don't remember all the details), I ended up adding a ModeLine to my /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Right no matter what you use (XRandr, XVidMode or virtual desktop) you still have to have the required resolution(s) configured in xorg.conf
Wine does not nor will in the future scale picture. It's not a virtual machine - it does not have such a low level control over things.