[Wine] Re: GNU Lesser General Public License gurus or WineHQ contact

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 8 21:56:14 CST 2008

Dee Ayy wrote:
> Regarding the licensing as I understand, if I'm able to go the winelib
> route, I'd also have to provide object files, "If you link other code
> with the library, you must provide complete object files to the
> recipients, so that they can relink them with the library after making
> changes to the library and recompiling it."?

Not correct. It's your business what you do with your app. But if you modify Wine itself in any way shape or form, you have to provide all such modifications as the source files / patches. So that anyone can take stock Wine, apply your patches, recompile it and have your app working with it.

As far as distribution - it's up to you how you doing it. You can redistribute compiled (binary) Wine anyway you'd like. Wine is made to run from it's own install directory. This way you can have multiple versions in use at the same time.