[Wine] Wine and Data Execution Prevention

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 9 11:30:31 CDT 2008

Hi!

I have still the problem of the flexnet licensing server not working and throwing me the following error:

Flexible License Manager status on Sun 3/9/2008 17:16

Code:

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 27000 at linux-da28
    License file(s) on linux-da28: c:\Programme\SDL International\License Server\License Files\license.lic:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot write data to license server system.
Hostname:      linux-da28
License path:  27000 at linux-da28;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-17,13.  System Error: 10054 "WinSock: Connection reset by peer"
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing End User Guide,
available at "www.macrovision.com".

Searching for this message on Google it seems that this problem may be caused by the DEP preventing  lmgrd.exe to run.
Is there such a similar function in Wine/Linux or is it caused by something not implemented.

I am using the software on 0.9.56, with GIT of last Tuesday, not intending to upgrade on 0.9.57 without being sure that it makes a difference because now that I got it 90% running, I don't like to change things.

Still, it would be nice for it to license it correctly so that I don't have to reinstall it after 30 days (because of the licensing error, I am on 30 days trial)