[Wine] how to configure new wine version

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Mar 9 20:52:47 CDT 2008

vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>  > If users can't even tell if they're running apps as root,
>  > I think it's really past time for us to make wine
>  > simply refuse to run as root (unless you give
>  > an override option).
>
>  If people jump out the open window should we build buildings without windows?

Bad analogy.  More accurate would be
"If people run over their children by accidentally
shifting into drive without putting their foot
on the brake, should we build in an interlock
that requires the user to put the brakes on before
getting in gear?"
And society has already answered that with "yes".
- Dan