[Wine] dns9

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Mar 10 10:03:35 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 3:44 AM, Alvin Murphy <aemjr at earthlink.net> wrote:
> HI:  despite my last post, I did get dns9 installed in PCCLinuxOS, but
>  when it tries to run, it says it cannot find DOCOBJ.DLL.  I cannot find
>  the file, looking for help.

Here's how to get it: install Wordview 97.  You can download this from
pcworld.com.
Annoyingly, the wordview 97 installer scans the entire hard drive,
so you might want to hide your z: drive while you install it.

Here's my recipe:

wget
http://downloads.pcworld.com/pub/new/business/word_processing/wordview.exe
cp wordview.exe ~/.wine/drive_c/wvinstall.exe
mv ~/.wine/dosdevices/z: ~/.wine/dosdevices/oldz
cd ~/.wine/drive_c
wine wvinstall.exe
cd ../..
mv ~/.wine/dosdevices/oldz ~/.wine/dosdevices/z:

Susan, don't you still need to do that?
- Dan