[Wine] What constitutes a good backtrace?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Mar 10 10:51:34 CDT 2008

Geoff Streeter <geoff at dyalog.com> wrote:
>  Funny, my view is the exact opposite. I first used 64 bit on a Dec Alpha
>  in about 1993. I have been wondering ever since why anybody would want
>  to cling to 32 bit.

Abstractly, I agree.  But there are so many gotchas and so little
payoff for desktop users in the switch to 64 bits that it seems
premature, at least for people who don't want to help ferret out
the remaining problems.

> I had better declare my bias; I implement an APL interpreter. A
>significant number of my users are bouncing off address space
>restrictions and are being held back because their users are constrained
>to use 32 bit windows as a platform.

Sure, your users have a real reason to go 64 bits.  The
average desktop user doesn't.
- Dan