[Wine] World of Warcraft - ATi 8.471

burkey wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 10 20:30:30 CDT 2008

I just revived my LG laptop's Ubuntu install and have put the latest ATi driver on it.  3D acceleration works fine as does compiz.

I copied over WoW to test and right now, I have to have ffxGlow "0" in the config.wtf file to get the game to start (otherwise it throws up the blizz error report and terminates).

ffxGlow "0" causes rendering problems at the login screen, I can see the buttons and input boxes, the mouse moves around fine and the particle effects are fine.  I can not see any of the dark portal or background though.

If I switch back to D3D it looks the same, but I can remove the ffxGlow "0" from it and it renders ok.  I am behind a firewall so I cannot login to the game right now.

Has anyone else experienced this or can give some details on their Config.wtf or xorg settings under this driver?

I might be able to get a screen shot up some time if need be