[Wine] Pacific General (1997) Runs extremely slow

ninjaplease2005 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 11 12:24:38 CDT 2008

Pacific General (1997), a direct X 3 game, runs extremely slow on my modern hardware under Ubuntu 7.10 with either an NVIDIA 8800GT or ATI X800GTO.

It obviously is not my system as the bottleneck.  The entire game runs, however it is extremely slow when moving the mouse over any units, or when clicking on any units.

This could be sound related, or MouseOver API related, or both.  My sound works fine on any other game run through wine.

Wine rev tested was 0.9.46 and 0.9.54, both ran just as slow.