[Wine] Re: running application from gnome-terminal

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 11 14:19:35 CDT 2008

alfredo wrote:
> Hi, i was tracing some problems with the ms train simulator. I have found a problem never seen before and have no explanation.
> I could run the program by clicking the icon on my desktop. Then i want to debug the program and copy/paste the commandline from the desktop-icon to a gnome-terminal and press enter. The app started but gives me an error like ... has a problem detected...
> Same behaviour if i paste the commandline in a alt-F2 box (execute command).
> Any idea what is going wrong.
> My System is an ubuntu 7.10 with gnome, wine version 0.9.57.

Read FAQ (http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ) the first question. And pay attention to paths.
Also  open the link you are clicking in the text editor and look at the "Path" parameter... After that you can go and file the bug report with your distro that you can't see that parameter in the link's properties.