[Wine] Re: Can I define how much free memory is reported to an app?

pcull wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 11 17:50:07 CDT 2008

For what it's worth here's an MS Knowledge Base article about the problems of having too much memory:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q253912

Here Microsoft define a large amount of memory as being over 512 megabytes, and one of their solution is to physically remove memory!

I suspect that if Wine included the ability to cap reported system memory under Win9x that it could become a useful alternative for people needing to run old legacy applications under modern hardware!

Paul