[Wine] force usage of network interface

Marcel W. Wysocki maci at satgnu.net
Wed Mar 12 04:23:17 CDT 2008

Good morning.

Is there any way to force wine to use a specific network interface?
I have the following setup:

eth0 internet interface
tun0 openvpn

some programs use broadcasting (Starcraft). I don't know how it determines which device to use. It probably takes the first it does see. (Or is it wine doing that ?)
the problem is that starcraft just send the packages out via eth0.

for windows there is a tool called ForceBindIP http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/forcebindip/ which does exactly what i need.
unfortunally it doesnt work in wine
i know it could be solved by using a bridged vpn instead of a tunnel, but that is no option for me.

perhaps anyone has come across the same problem and knows a fix.
or maybe there is some firewall magic i could do to just manipulate the packages' route.

thanks in advance

--
Marcel W. Wysocki <maci at satgnu.net>