[Wine] Re: How should I educate myself in order to code for WineHQ?

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 13 09:00:26 CDT 2008

jingo811 wrote:

> What books with easy exercises is best for total newbies learning to programming in the WineHQ language?

See above. KnR is probably the best choice since it's classic and not much really changed since then.

jingo811 wrote:
> Do I have to go through every resource link to be able to code for Wine?

No. That's the reference. You'll need one or the other when you start hacking Wine. However you need to know win32api if you want to get anywhere..

jingo811 wrote:
> What sort of stuff in C or C++ should I play with in order to learn the relevant stuff for Wine coding at the basic programmer level?

Read wine-patches and the git history - to see what patches are being committed and which are not. Read wine-devel too see why.

jingo811 wrote:
> Is there any HowTo books in Coding for Wine, that would sort of help?

Wine Developer's Guide (http://winehq.org/site/docs/winedev-guide/index)

And start hacking already.