[Wine] Re: Command and Conquer Generals

bobbo85 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 14 19:11:48 CDT 2008

austin987 wrote:

> Try running winecfg and setting your dvd drive to be a cd-rom device
> instead of local hard disk.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast austin987.
I found on the appdb that some people have had success using no-cd cracks.  The instructions are to patch from v1 to v1.04, then to use the 1.04 no-cd crack.

My next roadblock is this:  The patch gives me the following error message:
"Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match."