[Wine] Message: "HTML rendering is currently disabled"

gbritton wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 15 08:47:40 CDT 2008

I have installed Firefox and IE 6 as well as Quicktax 2007 under wine 9.57.  Firefox works OK, but I cannot start either IE6 or Quicktax.  The first few messages on the console when starting IE6 are:

fixme:shell:StopWatchMode () stub!
fixme:ole:CoResumeClassObjects stub
fixme:shdocvw:go_home stub
fixme:urlmon:URLMonikerImpl_BindToObject use running object table
fixme:win:WIN_CreateWindowEx Parent is HWND_MESSAGE
Could not load Mozilla. HTML rendering will be disabled.

With both programs, once I start them, I am greeted with the message

"HTML rendering is currently disabled"

in the middle of the window.

How can I get around this error?

Why is Wine looking for Mozilla when launching IE6?