[Wine] Problem with PowerBuilder 6-based app

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 09:27:23 CDT 2008

On Saturday 15 March 2008, Hugo Cardozo wrote:
> Hello to all;
> I'm looking for somebody who has tried powerbuilder 6-based apps in
> the newest versions of Wine (currently I'm using v0.9.57 in Debian
> Etch). Well, the situation is:
> I want to use a Sybase-based database management system, using Sql
> Anywhere 10 as the DB server and a powerbuilder-based app as the
> client. So I get the Anywhere 10 version for GNU/Linux, configure it
> and its ODBC interface, and now I can access my Sybase db's from
> Linux and Wine (I can even use Winsql to access the server).

How lucky for you, I used to work for Sybase :-) And my gf (who is
sitting right next to me right now) also used to work for Sybase and
uses Sybase products every day of her working life. AND we still have
all out old contacts AND an easy way to get my hands on any Sybase
software I might like to test....

I do recall getting PB to run on Wine was a major ball-ache. I managed
it once with tons of native dlls (enough to give the Wine devs have a
heart attack) but it was possible.

Depending on how critical your needs are and how much time you want to
invest in getting this app running, I'd be happy to help out. Post away
with details

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com