[Wine] TradeStation under Wine

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 16:56:34 CDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Austin English
<austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  Hi Austin,
>  >    Well, not such great results. I tried this 3 times on old and new
>  >  .wine directories. The only things I chose when setting up from
>  >  winecfg was Win XP and Alsa for sound. If I run the TradeStation
>  >  installer with dcom98 installed the installer completely dies with the
>  >  message:
>  >
>  >  1608:Unable to create InstallDriver instance,
>  >  Return code: -2147221021
>  >
>  >    The complete backtrace is only 9 lines long so I'll paste it here.
>  >  I can also file a bug report once I'm more certain I'm doing what you
>  >  asked me to do. I redid the install with dcom98 NOT installed and it
>  >  runs much farther so dcom98 is not a good idea for this setup.
>
>  Dcom98 isn't always compatible, since it itself depends on some other
>  native dlls. It was worth a try. You could try installing w/o dcom98,
>  then after setup, install it and try to run it. Short of that, I'm
>  running out of ideas.

Austin,
   Thanks. I *think* you are suggesting what I already did. A clean
install of 0.9.57 and then a TS install. At that point running TS
itself hangs or exhibits other problems. I didn't feel driven to go
further. If the install doesn't work then for a program as big and
complicated as TS there are likely to be too many other problems so
I'll likely jsut file the install bug and see what comes from that.

   Thanks very much for your ideas. I do appreciate the inputs.

Cheers,
Mark