[Wine] Re: Wine under ubuntu hardy

gspat wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 15 20:55:12 CDT 2008

AlanJ wrote:

> Not really, since hardy gets updates regularly one of them could stop a deb version of wine from working, so the deb maintainer would have to rebuild the package again. Sure that gets more unlikely the closer hardy gets to release but it can happen.

Umm.. isn't that the point of having the repository? So that updates can be made in a timely fashion for whatever reason?

I did compile it myself after issues surrounding the 56 release, but 1/2 hour to compile vs > 1 minute to download a deb makes it tough to justify especially since there is no real performance gain.

Like I said, as long as it works I'm happy, thanks again!!