[Wine] Developpers vs users

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 08:25:58 CDT 2008

On 16/03/2008, Timeout <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Maybe, but to me it's a lottery.
>
>  There are 2 developer's who are biting my head off every time I come with an awkward question of something in their field (one of them got pretty much moderate in this forum under another name). Of course, I don't have the knowledge to explain it. I just throw a statement with the hope that it will be picked as a line of thought and I get my head bitten of. It's getting a risk for me to even mention a problem in a field when the developers had not gotten that far in working on this specific case. That's like questions about the .NET. I got my head bitten off and got the answer about 4 months later when the mainstream got to this point.
>
>  I thought it interesting because it was about regsvr, and to me regasm is pretty more the same. If I detail the problem, I am treated as an ignorant. If I just throw a line, I'm treated as an idiot.
>
>  Either way, now that my software is getting functional, I am not in a hurry to get an answer and I won't even start about cursor problems in a .NET environment.

Then don't. While I understand where you are coming from,
meta-complaining won't solve your computer problems. And that is the
goal of this list. So long as you google your questions first, and
your comments are constructive (not simply "thsi suxorz") then you'll
find even the local gurus will respect you.

I hope.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il