[Wine] Re: Starting WINE

sgtbob wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 17 15:49:43 CDT 2008

James - I completely removed WINE via Synaptic, then re-installed it (version 0.9.57) then used your instructions: rm -rf ~/.wine    and then wine notepad. If I use the winecfg in the terminal here is the result:
bob at XPS:~$ rm -rf ~/.wine
bob at XPS:~$ wine notepad
wine: creating configuration directory '/home/bob/.wine'...
err:reg:SCSI_getprocentry bus id line scan count error (fscanf returns 0, expected 4)
Could not load Mozilla. HTML rendering will be disabled.
wine: '/home/bob/.wine' created successfully.
err:reg:SCSI_getprocentry bus id line scan count error (fscanf returns 0, expected 4)
bob at XPS:~$

Then if I run winecfg in the teminal, here is what I see:
bob at XPS:~$ winecfg
err:reg:SCSI_getprocentry bus id line scan count error (fscanf returns 0, expected 4)

In addition to the foregoing, there is a box that appears with the 7 tabs and indicating Windows 2000.  I changed to Windows XP and clicked on the C:/ ...drive and clicked on 'autodetect'.  It appeared to pick up my CDRom and Thunb Drives. But I can't figure out what I should do at this point. The written instructions infer that I should open any '.exe' file, but there aren't any that I can see.  Now what?

Bob
[/b]