[Wine] Re: Help with a game: Netsoccer

Jim wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 17 18:04:55 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:

> Say, do we have a wiki page about how to install DirectX on Wine?

Not that I see.  However the FAQ recommends NOT doing so.  I think one could take a way from it that only a few specific .DLL files are worth while.  It's not enumerated very well which ones those may be.

It may be the case that the best solution (if you absolutely must use a native DirectX library) would be to extract that specific file from a DirectX installer bundled with an application.  However the installers sometimes differ enough to complicate the process.  (some use .cab files, others are .msi files containing multiple versions of the same dlls for internationalization or 98/nt type differences)

*shrug*

I don't know that it would be easy to document beyond telling someone to go acquire some.dll and override it and to note which other.dlls shouldn't be overridden.