[Wine] Error with GTA on one box, not on another

Colin Pitrat colin.pitrat at free.fr
Mon Mar 17 16:28:01 CDT 2008

Hello again,
I think I finally found something that could be a good beginning. I ran GTA on
two boxes with WINEDEBUG=+relay,+ddraw,+xrandr,+x11settings and compared the
two output.

On the laptop (where it works), there are three sets of calls to
EnumDisplayMode, browsing three times all modes.
On the desktop (where it doesn't work), there is a full set of calls to
EnumDisplayMode, followed by the beginning of a second one that doesn't reach
end. It is interrupted with the following message:
trace:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_EnumDisplayModes Application asked to terminate
the enumeration

Do you have any idea why this call could end like this ? Are there too many
graphic modes on the desktop computer ? How could I reduce the set ? Is this
the supposed behavior that it stops like this ?

Regards,
Colin