[Wine] PlayStation 3

Geoff Streeter geoff at dyalog.com
Tue Mar 18 10:00:41 CDT 2008

Vermin wrote:
> As some of you probably already know, the PlayStation 3 supports Linux. That brings a question to me: can I run Wine on a PlayStation 3?

Playstation 3 is power PC (ppc) not x86. So the binaries certainly will
not. Applications, compiled using Winelib might. However, I would expect
to have to get down and dirty and fix some issues as the ppc is big
endian (actually it can be configured either endian but is normally run
big endian) and the x86 is little endian.

Geoff