[Wine] Needs an administrator user to install

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Mar 18 10:27:52 CDT 2008

2008/3/18 Antonio López <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:
> I'm trying to install a scientific app called Bruker TopSpin

According to http://www.bruker-biospin.com/topspin.html
there's a Linux version, fwiw...

> and during the installation process it asks for the
> name of an administrator user (<mymachine>\Administrator, by default).
> However, no matter what I try the app keeps on showing the following message:
>
>  ...Cannot find the user Administrator (or whoever)
>
>  And thus the installation process cannot succeed.

No, but perhaps if you run the app with
  WINEDEBUG=+relay,+text wine fooinstaller.exe > log.txt 2>&1
and then convinced a wine developer to take a look,
or better yet gave a wine developer the app so they
could try it themselves, maybe we could figure out what's
going on.
- Dan