[Wine] Upgrading breaks previous configuration?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Mar 18 18:17:35 CDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 4:12 PM, 8086 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I believe I have seen these errors before (in other configurations on other machines) ... And I am quite confident their hard drives weren't failing.

The point is, any time you have gazillions of fsck errors,
something's seriously wrong.  Either you're using
software that corrupts the hard drive (in your case),
or your hard drive is breaking (it's happened to me several times),
or there's a bug in the filesystem (not especially likely).

No point in trying to limp along.  Best to nuke things and start over.