[Wine] Bug?

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Wed Mar 19 05:14:36 CDT 2008

On Tuesday March 18 2008 22:08:55 kubapet wrote:
> I had installed wine 0.9.57 (i386) on debian sid x64 with
> --force-architecture... it didn't worked. So I installed version 0.9.44
> again, but it stil doesn't work. Strangely, it has worked before I did this
> changes..
>
> I'm getting errors like this when I try to run whatever application:
>
> err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 48 bytes in thread 0009 eip f7d17e1d
> esp 7fc70fd0 stack 0x7fc71000-0x7fd80000
>
> Does somebody know what can be wrong?

	Try this with 0.9.57:

mv ~/.wine{,.backup}
wineprefixcreate
wine notepad

	Now, does it work for you? And of course you can try to install and run
applcation you typically use with clean WINE prefix and see if they will work
after above commands.
	Feel free to ask for farther help if you still have problems.