[Wine] Help for Red Hat Enterpirise Linux

parvarora wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 19 09:57:40 CDT 2008

Hello friends,

        I m new user to Wine. However I have not yet installed it. I m working on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client Version 5.0 . I wanted to work with Wine and had downloaded wine installation files under folder 'i386' . First of all I tried to install 'wine-0.9.54-1.i386.rpm' it was not installed due to reason that dependencies were not installed. Then I downloaded all the dependencies as reported in the message. But when I tried to install 'wine-core-0.9.54-1.el.i386.rpm' the password for root was invalidated. I was surprised that how my password for root has changed by itself. Earlier my password was 'redhat' , but now I m unable to login with this password to root. I hope u understand that how serious is my problem. I m new user to Linux. Please help. If u need some more information to solve my problem, please ask for same. Also if u think that some other expert would be of help, please advise. Thanks in anticipation.