[Wine] Re: Wine wiki cleanup

Jim wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 19 12:40:22 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:
> Over time, the Wine wiki front page grew rather unwieldy,
> so I split the developer information off into two new pages,
> leaving only a simplified front page behind,
> mostly aimed at users.
>
> It's radically simpler.  Hopefully it'll be more welcoming to new users.
>
> Comments?

I like it.

Should we do this for the FAQ as well?  I mean:

 	 Make a separate developer DeveloperFaq (WikiName)

	 Move developer related topics from FAQ to DeveloperFAQ

	 Add question to FAQ "Where is the Developer FAQ?" to FAQ.  -OR- Possibly not as a FAQ question but a very visible Note at the top.  "Developers see DeveloperFaq"

A shorter FAQ may look less intimidating to lazy readers thus encouraging more readers and possibly fewer "noob" questions on the list.