[Wine] Re: Clarification on what a certain fixme is

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 19 17:31:17 CDT 2008

rockinup1231 wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out what a certain fixme means since I think it has to do with the serious lag in a game I maintain on the appDB.
>

> Code:
> fixme:d3d:set_tex_op_nvrc >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_ENUM (0x500) from set_tex_op_nvrc()
>  @ utils.c / 1426
>

> In the game menu, it plays fine until I try to open a window to mess around with game options whether it be settings or to prepare to start a game session. Anyway, what does "set_tex_op_nvrc" mean?

If you really have to know what that message means you should really know where it came from: utils.c : 1426 (http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/wined3d/utils.c#L1426)

Now enable d3d debug channel, redirect it into a file and go through the steps to duplicate the problem. Now open that file (you'll probably need 'less' program not your everyday text editor). And find that fixme. The line above it should now say "trace:d3d:set_tex_op_nvrc stage ...". Paste it here.