[Wine] Wine

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 13:41:35 CDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 20 March 2008, James Hawkins wrote:
>  > On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Alan McKinnon
>

> > >  The bit I don't get is interfacing the two. It's like interfacing
>  > > a brothel with a sex-education class - superficially similar but
>  > > when you look closer you see they actually have nothing in
>  > > common...
>  >
>  > If they weren't linked, all of us ML users would never get over to
>  > the forum to help exactly the type of people that need our help.
>
>  Easily fixed. The ML users that wish to assist on the forum register on
>  the forum and visit the forum frequently. Use a bookmark if you forget.
>
>  How many more "DO NOT RUN WINE AS ROOT" messages must get past my kill
>  file before I decide it simply isn't worth it anymore and unsubscribe?

No, we shouldn't be forced to use the forum (and we won't, as
witnessed by the fact that we never went to the forum before the
linkup), and forum users shouldn't be forced to use the ML.  That is
exactly why the linkup was created in the first place.  If you can't
deal with handling new users, filter wine-users or unregister
yourself.

--
James Hawkins