[Wine] RFD: create new list and forum 'wine-newbies'

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 12:02:33 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> It has been suggested that the wine-users list
>  is now too busy, and needs to be split into two:
>  one for experienced users, and one for beginners.
>  However, this might leave the beginners adrift
>  without any experienced people to help them.
>
>  So I don't think we should do it unless at least
>  a handful of experienced users are willing to join the
>  new group and lend a hand.  I'm willing, but I
>  can't do it all myself.
>
>  Who else would be willing to join a wine-newbies
>  list/forum and help support beginners?
>  - Dan

Dan,
   I'm willing to help although being experienced at my level may not
be all that helpful. Who knows until I try, right? ;-)

   I'm sure I'd learn more by helping more.

   Personally I'd prefer the list not be split. It seems a shame that
this forum link gets added which then causes more traffic and that
traffic drives away our more experienced users. As an alternative,
decouple the forum and the list and get helpful folks to pay attention
to the forums. The original wine-users list is unchanged and the
forums succeed or fail on their own merits.

   Count me in if I can help out.

Cheers,
Mark