[Wine] RFD: create new list and forum 'wine-newbies'

Zachary Goldberg zgs at seas.upenn.edu
Fri Mar 21 12:18:15 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> It has been suggested that the wine-users list
>  is now too busy, and needs to be split into two:
>  one for experienced users, and one for beginners.
>  However, this might leave the beginners adrift
>  without any experienced people to help them.
>
>  So I don't think we should do it unless at least
>  a handful of experienced users are willing to join the
>  new group and lend a hand.  I'm willing, but I
>  can't do it all myself.
>  Who else would be willing to join a wine-newbies
>  list/forum and help support beginners?
>  - Dan

I agree with Dan that I don't think that splitting the users list is
worthwhile.  It simply fragments for the sake of reducing traffic.  We
_FINALLY_ have some communication between the Wine community and our
users looking for help and hopefully they are getting they help they
need and we're learning how to avoid common trouble spots and fix them
(And I do think this is happening).

-Z