[Wine] RFD: create new list and forum 'wine-newbies'

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Fri Mar 21 12:43:39 CDT 2008

On Friday March 21 2008 17:02:33 Mark Knecht wrote:
> As an alternative, decouple the forum and the list and get helpful folks to
> pay attention to the forums.

	Main point of creating ML <-> forum link was to not fragment user base and
allow people who don't like forums (and want to use ML) but can (and want)
to help to the users. Personally I don't like forums very much (however I can
use them if necessary but without ML <-> forum link it would simply be
impractical for me to read so much messages per day) but I understand why
some other people like them.

> Personally I'd prefer the list not be split.

	+1. And I want to say that I don't see any problem actually. This list exist
for helping users. For advanced users who's questions aren't suitable for
wine-users we already have separate list - wine-devel. So for people who want
to ask/answer advanced questions wine-devel is best place.