[Wine] Re: BUG: Forum driving away experienced users

AlanJ wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 21 15:52:35 CDT 2008

Trouble is if you split the list into newbies and non-newbies the people the other Alan despises so much won't think of themselves as newbies.

As a relative newbie myself I find it hard to swallow some of the near-elitist attitude shown by some experts, calling someone who isn't as experienced as you a noob is just plain insulting. I hope when those people learn something new they don't get a dose of their own medicine as I doubt they will like it.

How you deal with the people who don't read the FAQs, check the AppDB, etc and can't post a thought out question is the miilion dollar question that every help/support person would love to know the answer to. If you feel the need to insult them what does that say about you.Yes I know sometimes it is hard not to insult but this is the internet you can choose not to answer them.