[Wine] Re: BUG: Forum driving away experienced users

AlanJ wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 21 16:16:56 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:

> Yes.  Do you think the name wine-newbies is a bad idea?  I had thought
> it was ok,
> people who are new do tend to think of themselves as newbies for a
> while, don't they?

Sorry that bit wasn't too clear. I think people can accept being called newbies, I certainly don't mind. But the term noob is generally viewed as an insult, I think some people are getting the two mixed up.

As I said in my original reply the people who are classed as the problem posts will probably just use wine-users rather than wine-newbies anyway (if it existed).