[Wine] RFD: create new list and forum 'wine-newbies'

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Mar 21 22:20:42 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 6:57 PM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Dan, you contradict yourself. First you want a forum so bad that
> everyone starts running like a chicken with cut-off head to make
> that happen. Now you saying it's bad?!

Nope, I must have been misread.  I was simply laying out the case
for and against a newbies forum.

>  1. We are not going to separate forum from ML

Right, but that's not what this thread was about.

>  2. No one will be creating special area for advanced users.

That's what this thread is about - and I don't think the issue is settled.

>  3. Noise to signal ratio - BS count the number of all posts 2 months
> ago and now. ... in an entire month there was max 10 replys worth reading.

Traffic does seem to be up 5x or so.  But looking at the archives, it seems
not as sparse as you've made it out to be.  So I think you're wrong on
that count.
- Dan