[Wine] Re: Alexandre says "let the newbies run as root"

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 23 14:09:47 CDT 2008

> Never mind that even the latest MS office versions support Open Document
> Format since it became the ISO standard for office documents, and ODF is
> already well supported by office software.  Your "nobody wants to exchange
> txt" is a strawman.
>
> If you hate open source so much, why use Linux or Wine in the first place?  Or
> is this a case of misguided anger generated by ignorance?

I am not hating open source, I find it great and I love my linux box.

Fact is, that since I set up my company, I have seen many kind of documents, even under PowerPoint for Office 95. I have yet to see the first ODF document.
Trados is supporting ODF but what's the point, I have never received one and we are not the one to decide in which format the texts are coming.

Please ask around any translators if they see many ODF. That will be the first indicator of it being used by business and not what governments are saying.

> You still don't need to reinstall just because your drivers go south...boot
> from a rescue CD and fix from there.  About the only time you really need to
> reinstall is if your system gets compromised...

I need to reformat the home partition because otherwise I have a ghost partition. Telling me I have  2 GB used and 5 GB free out of a 86 GB home partition. For my purpose it's to small.