[Wine] Multiple ISO's

dave370 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 23 20:21:33 CDT 2008

Hi,
I have a number of games which have multiple install CD's which I have in ISO format (Need for Speed: Underground 2, Sim City: Deluxe and a few others). When I attempt to install the game I use the following command to Mount the game CD:

mount '/home/user/gamefolder/gameimage.iso' /mnt/iso1/ -t iso9660 -o ro,loop=/dev/loop0

This mounts the Game Image to /mnt/iso and from there I can wine the game setup executable. The setup program will work correctly until it asks for the second disk. When I started installing the first game I had tried to run in Wine which had multiple disks I thought I could just umount /mnt/iso and then mount the second iso. But umount complained that the device was busy. So I then tried umount -l /mnt/iso which did unmount it. I then mounted the second image with another loop device. After checking that the mount had worked correctly I clicked Okay on the Game's installer. But the game did not know the second disk was mounted.

Is there a way to install games with multiple disks in Wine with ISO's?