[Wine] RFD: create new list and forum 'wine-newbies'

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Mar 24 00:12:11 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 8:35 PM, James McKenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com> wrote:
>  I'm willing to help with the newbie problems if they are new and the
>  program is publically accessible.

I think that puts us over the edge.  We now have Austin, Mark, and myself
willing to monitor the new group and help out.
And as Ove pointed out, if there are enough people in
the group, they'll be able to help each other whatever
their skill level.

I think that a wine-newbies group right next to wine-users would
naturally arrange for most of the "I just left Windows and I
need help adjusting to the whole linux thing AND wine"
questions to be separated from the "I love wine but
this one app has this problem" questions.  And, since
the two forums would be right next to each other, the
barrier to jumping between them should be low.
- Dan