[Wine] Appdefault Registry key

Gonesolo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 24 18:59:00 CDT 2008

I can not seem to get the Appdefault registry key to work

I created a profile for Eve.exe using the WINE configuration tool then started regedit.

Under the eve.exe key I created a new key Direct3D
under that I put an entry for

"DirectdrawRenderer"="opengl"
"OffscreenRenderingMode"="fbo"

However when I start Eve I have numerous graphics corruptions, including tearing and parts of my  ship  going see through.

However if I create these entries under the standard Direct3D key in the WINE key these effects are gone and I have no graphics problems.

The only problem with this is another game I have, Hostile waters, requires Direct3D rendering instead of opengl so with these settings I can not start Hostile Waters.

Am I missing something? I can post my reg file if required so you can look and see if I've missed something if you'd like? [Embarassed]