[Wine] Re: Tried to create a window, no driver could be loaded (998

Carbiens wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 25 04:36:22 CDT 2008

****This is an edited version of a previous post****

vitamin wrote:

> How did you logged in to that machine? Are you running Xserver (GUI) right now? Are you using xterm to run that command or the pure text terminal? What does "echo $DISPLAY" say? Have you removed ~/.wine directory since it was contaminated by root?

Im running Gnome 2.20.3 as my GUI and its Gnome terminal emulator (Terminal 2.18.4) as my terminal.

echo $DISPLAY returns:
:0.0

I'm not familiar with this command though so im not sure where i should have run it from. that output is just from /home/user/Desktop

I have completely removed the wine directory and then re-installed, WINE is still completely non-responsive.

The bug report http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.bugs/97415 seems to describe my problem accurately.