[Wine] Re: winecfg

miykle wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 25 06:19:32 CDT 2008

G'Day  :  Thanks again for the reply, I apologize if I did the wrong thing with posting twice, as I said I'm new to this whole deal.
  I used winecfg because thats what the wine site told me I should do, I don't understand why it's the wrong thing to do , and if I might, whats "root" mean. I've only been using this OS for three days so please be patient, it's so different to windows, but thats the whole point, to learn something new.
The things James McKenzie told me to do worked fine.
   I'm using wine because I was told I could run my programs for windows in wine, as they are not compatible with Linux,  They are , what I call active libraries, you open say "AGES LIBRARY" and then you have the option of 25 different books to choose from as well as being able to cross reference the same topic in several books, I have 6 of these libraries all pertaining to different subject matter, all the books are in PDF format.
  So I got wine and finally installed it and loaded 1 library, it worked fine but was in Greek instead of English  ???
  Many thanks  Miykle