[Wine] Re: Populous: The Beginning under wine-0.9.49

Xolo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 25 10:59:27 CDT 2008

Marc wrote:
> I installed this game on 0.9.57 and played it without any problem last
> week. I remember similar problems to those you say ( mouse, keyboard)
> with a windowed wine (800x600, 640x480, since my screen is smaller than
> yours), but the first 3 levels of the game worked great for me in
> full-screen mode without any of the problems you say. Both hardware and
> sofware rendering were flawlessly. I just had some sound problems. Did
> you meet them?
>
> Maybe I install it again on 0.9.58 this week and see how it goes.
> Marc ///

I have no sound problems in my current install of Populous: The Beginning.
D3DpopTB.exe will attempt to start, but soon errors out with exceptions and ELF errors.
I had no luck running the game fullscreen, the mouse will still rubberband.
I may try the latest version of Wine later this week if I have enough time and disk space to backup and reinstall in case it breaks things.